Thursday, November 8, 2012

Change of pace...

On one of the hottest days in Downtown L.A., I check out the Connected Fashion Fest, a pop-up sale and block party. 
The place was filled with a handful of brands selling clothes and accessories.
 But there was only one in particular I was looking forward to visiting.  

 I checked out the Dimepiece Designs booth and they did not disappoint. As always, they were stocked with their famous shirts and tanks. But I was there to check out the new five panel hats that I've been eying online. In less than 10 minutes, I owned the leopard one featured in this post.

Below is brand co-founder and designer Laura Fama, who embodies what they describe as a Dimepiece.
I met Laura back in 2005, and since then I have witnessed the beginnings and success of Dimepiece evolve along with her and her great eye for style. I personally admire the brand not only for the unique pieces they design, but for the strong, woman empowering message that they promote. 

With Co-founder Laura Fama.





This hat was recently worn by Nicki Minaj on her My Truth series on E!

I couldn't leave without picking up this shirt in white.
Live graffiti artists at Connected Fest.
A sea of sales.


<3 Stay L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment