Wednesday, May 29, 2013

All paths lead to somewhere...


It's true what they say. Do what you love, & you will never work a day in your life. 


This is something I always held true and preached about to my close friends & family but it wasn't more true to me until I actually started doing it. See life will bring you in many different directions and although you may not stay exactly where you thought you were meant to end up, your journey will be the best part of it all. From the time I graduated high school to the time I graduated college, I've always had an idea of where I'd be or what I'd be doing. But as each year passes I'm taken in a new direction. 



Never did I think It would be possible for me to attend college. It was something that was never brought up as an option growing up for me ( but that's another story.) So you can see what a surprise it was for me to end up graduating from a University & landing a great job right out of college. But as soon as I thought I was exactly where I was meant to be, doing what everyone thought I should be doing. Life decided to point me to a new direction. After years of taking what I thought was my path for the next 25 some odd years, I ran into a roadblock & all signs pointed to following one of my passions...fashion.


But no roads were lit & I didn't know how I would get there, but my instincts told me it was right. 





 By fate, destiny, God's will, or whichever you believe, I found my light & met an amazing person. I shared with them my love for fashion, how I had a small blog & some of the things I want to accomplish & how I feel like it's what I am meant to do right now. Through that meeting, I've been lead on this new path. I'm no longer doing what I thought other's wanted me to do, I'm working towards something that I  truly am passionate about. 


A year ago today I would have never thought of laying out my passions, & dreams to a stranger. It actually frightened me a little, scared of criticism or judgement. But whatever came over me that day, I'm glad it did. Because through that conversation, plus years of moments leading up to this, I've ended up in fashion. I'm following my heart, experiencing things I never thought I would, & working towards accomplishing my dreams. 




It honestly feels surreal being along side people, that are doing what I used to think I could only dream of.  

I can't tell you the ending or give you a story filled with rainbows & butterflies. But I can promise you a journey of an average girl, with hopes & dreams. A girl who works hard & tries to live it all to it's fullest. As I share my journey while aspiring to help others do the same & fulfill their lives purpose, like many people have done for me. 

Photography by Chriselle Lim

I will be sharing  my journey on this new path into the fashion world with the Chriselle Inc. team on my blog more often. So if you want to find out what I've done, what I do & where I'm going  on my journey, make sure to follow my blog! Also, you can always find me updating all of my social media outlets:Twitter- @StayLAStyle Instagram- @StayLA Facebook -Stay L.A.

<3 Stay L.A.

[Find links to similar outfit pieces below]






27 comments:

  1. Good for you, this is so inspiring!! PS. you look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! Thank you for taking the time to comment and read my blog post!! It's so heart warming to hear that you find my story inspiring! I hope to share more with you that will continue to inspire you, entertain you, and teach you! By the way I love the hat you're wearing in your photo you look great!! <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Jana you're amazing! You seriously inspire me with your work, your will power, your strength and all of the other amazing things about you!! Thanks for the love & for reading my post!!! <3

      Delete
  3. Best of luck! :)
    btw, your hair is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy for reading my blog post, for your words of encouragement & your compliment! I hope to see you back on my blog soon! <3 Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to fashion world!

    I identify with your way of thinking, but I have not been able to take that step to make me a blog. But I'm sure I will soon.

    Anyway, I will be one of your followers. You're so gorgeous!

    Pd. I'm glad you have a great recommendation that is Chriselle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome Gladys! I'm glad that we can relate! I hope one day if you want to create a blog you do, or tha you purse whatever it is you want to do. I hope you can find guidance or inspiration from this post & more that I have coming! Thank you so much for reading this post, & your kind words. Also thank you so so much for following my blog it means so much to me!

      P.s. Chriselle is great... isn't she?! ;)

      Delete
  5. You'll do just great! Congratulations on your new found path! A dream that i'm still dreaming... haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SooYin! Keep holding tight to your dreams & work towards making them your reality! I wish you the best in all you do! <3 Thanks for reading my post!

      Delete
  6. This is so inspiring,especially for me. I am going through a similar challenge and it really helps to know that i am not the only one. I'm in my last semester of university and it just hit me that i am the least bit intersted in what i have been studying for the last 4yrs. Its so bad that i cant even finish my internship. Recently i found my calling,fashion. It has always been there but coming from a conservative and a strict religion i never thought i would be able to pursue it. I have decided that from now hence forth i am going to do me, i will follow my dreams and my passion and do what makes me happy. I am in the process of creating my own ready to wear dress collection :-)
    Thanks again for the inspiration,its made want this more than ever. Lots of love from Nairobi,Kenya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Missy,

      I hope all is well in Nairobi Kenya. Your words have really touched my heart and sound very familiar, although I knew completing my education was very important for me I knew that I didn't need to restrict myself to what I was majoring in! Remember that even though you may not want to do stay within the realms of your major, you must remember that this education will still be vital in any career path you take! I'm so proud of you that you are attending school and I hope that you can continue to pull through with school and even your internship if possible. All of these unrelated things will come in handy to you even in the fashion world! With all that said, I'm so glad that you are still listening to your heart and filling that creative side of you. I'm so proud of you that you are working on a ready to wear dress collection, and I hope that one day you will share some photos with me! I wish you all the best on this new chapter of life and that your future holds all the dreams you have of fashion! I'm glad I can serve as an inspiration for you and I hope to share more to motivate you on your path! <3 <3

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Inna! It's so nice of you to stop by my blog! I hope to see you here again soon! <3

      Delete
  8. You are truly an inspiration <3 There have been constant people in my life who would reject me entering the fashion industry. I was always told to stick to the usual careers that many would say I could easily land myself a job in. However, there was always a little spark with fashion that I can't help to fall in love with over and over. Thank you for sharing your short story <33

    Will definitely be a devoted follower <3 and keep up the great work!

    xoxo
    www.teresa-et-vous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, you have no idea how much your amazing comment means to me! Thank you for reading my blog post & for sharing a little bit of yours with me too! I hope you always follow your heart even if you do enter one of the "usual careers" like I did, maybe one day it will lead/prepare you to that fashion dream job you always wanted. I hope your spark turns into a flame and you light this world with your passion! Best of luck to you and btw you make one great looking Okonomiyaki ( saw the photo on your blog! )

      Thanks again <3

      Delete
  9. Good luck with your journey. It feels good to read that you surpassed whatever obstacle was there and went to Uni. All the best. Love your classic neutral look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much it means so much to me that you said that and even took the time to read my blog! Yes I'm sure we can all relate going through some sort of struggle or life obstacle! I'm glad I can share my story with you and I hope that you overcome any you may encounter as well! <3 Thanks for the love!

      Delete
  10. Wow this post is exactly wording the struggle I am going through right now. I graduated with a degree and working in a field for 3 years in something that isn't in my heart. I also love fashion, but just like you I don't know what career and how to get there. I live in a small town and I don't know anyone who would be experienced to talk to for guidance. I've been researching for years and haven't come across an idea or an opportunity. It's been so difficult and discouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, I'm so glad you've found my blog and that we can relate through our struggle. Let me give you a couple of words of advice: 1.) follow your heart, if you know where your heart belongs work hard to make it happen! 2.) create your own opportunities if you see fashion opportunities are lacking in your community create some of your own, maybe you can talk to someone in a local clothing shop and ask them if they need someone to create outfits on a window display or a local artist that may need a stylist. 3.)Don't dwell on what you can't do/or have, make the most of what you can do /or do have and it will take you far. Trust me your time will come for you to do what you were meant to do, tell friends and family and new people you meet about your interest and dreams and soon, like me, you will run in to one person after another that will help you get to where you need to be. I hope that you can continue to follow me on my journey and find some inspiration or ask me for advice to help you get there! I wish you all the best and I know you will soon get to where you want! <3

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for answering me, it means a lot.

      I took up on your advice and I found somewhere to volunteer in my local town. I'll start next week.

      Do you feel that to be successful in this career, it is better to go to school or just apply myself in trying to find work experience? I've been debating back and forth on what to do. I've looked up on schools but they are expensive...

      Delete
    3. That's amazing news Kris! Best of luck to you !

      I always think educations is a good idea if that's the path that you want to take! I went to school for something seemingly unrelated to fashion and it still helps me with what I do now!

      If it is not in your budget right now but you are truly passionate about it then I say work in the mean time and save for your education. While I was in college I worked 2-3 jobs at the same time to help me get by! I believe you can do whatever it is you want as long as you have the passion and determination to do so!

      Best of luck and please update me on what's going on with you!! <3 <3

      Delete
  11. i cant find a link to follow u on blog loving, woulds been nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for reading my blog post! Thanks for letting me know! I added a widget so you can easily click and follow me on blog loving!

      Delete
  12. those shorts are so chic! I also like the title of this blog post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading it! Btw keep up the great work on your blog! =)

      Delete
  13. These pictures are so beautiful but why aren't you writing with more detail?! I'm so curious! :-D I'll definitely follow your posts in hopes of finding out more about how you got to where you are now! I really wonder about that job you had before. ;-)

    ReplyDelete