Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pencil me in...




 Time flies when you're having fun...
It seems that now that I am doing more of what I love in my life, I don't have time to fit in many things into my schedule. One thing about following your dreams is that you always sacrifice something. Wether it's time, money, or other activities, sacrifice is part of it the journey.  But something I learned in my past career is that you have to have some sort of work life balance. Although I'd love to spend hours upon hours on my blog posts or editing a video, I have to remember that there is a world outside & away from my laptop.



I think the most important thing to remember are the priorities, "the big rocks" schedule and set time aside for those. For instance, getting big deadline & assignments done for work or school, spending time with family on their birthday's , or submitting your college applications. For me family always comes first, work/school then everything else.



So for me, saving the other smaller tasks like watching my favorite shows, catching up on my favorite blogs or videos or spending time cleaning out my email inbox for the down time in between the bigger things, is key. I always keep in mind my goals in life & if the way I am spending my time is bringing me closer to those goals. Although I haven't mastered balancing it all, I've been doing my best & working at it everyday. Trust me.. I can get caught up on Facebook, Instagram & YouTube for hours like everyone else.




So if I can find the time to fit in a few photos for a blog post in between going out to brunch on the weekend or at the end of the work day, like I did for today's post, I do.  But most of all, I just try to enjoy all of life's moments & remember to spend my time doing what I enjoy surrounded by people I love. I hope you take time everyday to enjoy your life through all of the madness of deadlines and tasks too. 
Photography by Jana Williams
One big priority to me this week was to make sure to give a huge thank you for all the love and support I received on my last blog post. I never knew that sharing my story could touch so many people in the way that it did!  It means so much to me!  Let me know if there's anything else you want to see on my blog or on YouTube  I can't wait to  create more content for you to enjoy!

<3 Stay L.A.

[Similar outfit pieces can be found here]



4 comments:

  1. Babe, I absolutely love what you had to say. I definitely degree that it's all about enjoying some sort of balance, and for me too, family is more important than anything. :) You have this amazing way of mixing and matching pieces in a way that I just always love! That skirt is such a good piece and lovin' it in combo with that tank. And how awesome are those shades! Basically, you look amazing!

    xTheresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa thanks for your constant love and support in all that I do! I appreciate you always stopping by! Speaking of which, you look so great in your latest post!! <3 Always amazing girl!!

      Delete
  2. You are right and i agree with your opinion...Good luck

    ReplyDelete