Friday, July 5, 2013

Pass on the love...


I took these photos a few weeks ago right before the heat hit L.A. hence the camouflage jacket.
I've been known to be seen in this jacket quite often since getting it earlier this year . I love that it's light enough to wear during the more breezier days over a tank like I did (here) But you can also layer this on at night for a little warmth if needed as seen in my post (here & here). Another reason why I love this jacket is that it reminds me of my dad who is either rocking camo, biker shirts, leather or a mix of a few of those. With that said, this jacket definately adds that masculine edge to anything I wear. I especailly loved pairing it with another print like this dress (turned shirt) Some people would probably not like the mix of two different prints, but for some reason they work for me. 


I love the shape of the dress around the neckline, it adds another element of surprise and interest to this outfit to me. In my previous post I talked about how I like having things in my closet that I am able to mix and match to make the most use out of; and I have to say that I've definitely done that with every piece from this outfit! I've worn this dress for Christmas seen on my instagram (here & here) These shorts in a previous outfit post (here) and these shoes (here)












Just to catch you up on what's going on with me. I'm finally moved in to my new place after many sleepless nights and then the exhausting tasks of packing, loading and unpacking. Through this particularly stressful move, I've been reminded of the love & support I have around me. To see the true colors of those around you during trying times in your life can be a true eye opener. I'm so thankful for such amazing family & friends that remind me that I am truly blessed beyond measure. Having people in my life that are so selfless & so loving inspire me to be that light for others. I just wanted to take a moment to try to inspire you to do the same for the friends and family you're surrounded by. 






Many times we do things to get things in return. But true friendship and love is to give all that you can , lovingly and selflessly. This is something that I have not mastered but I try to practice daily. 

I hope you can find a way to make someone's stressful or bad situation into something better today. 

Pass on the love. 

<3 Stay L.A.

Dress- H&M (similar here)
Shorts- Forever 21 (similar here)
Rings- (similar here)
Shoes- H&M (similar here)
Clutch- Klear Klutch ( similar here)

||Photography by Chriselle Lim||

[Find similar outfit pieces below]




5 comments:

  1. Great style, love u'r jacket.
    www.elossastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have a good day! <3

      Delete
  2. Don't know if you remember me haha but saw your post on Chriselle's! Love the outfit Stacey ! Hope you are more settled in by now. Wish for the best for you and your future :)

    ♥Stacey Nguyen
    www.trendyoutings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember you!! How can I forget that name ;) I hope you are doing well! Thanks for stopping by my blog I hope you have an amazing day and I wish you the same!!

      <3 Stay L.A.

      Delete
  3. This look is so badass! I love that you mixed those patterns and leather is always a nice statement piece. =)

    http://love-your-ego.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete