Saturday, December 20, 2014

Bigger than fear



















How many things have you hesitated pursuing because of fear?
Many of the problems we face in our life root from fear. This is something I've only recently come to understand. From reading and trying to fully grasp what fear really is, I've came across a quote from Pema Chordron who said "Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth."


Often times we hesitate making moves towards a dream or a goal because we are fearful of what that could bring next in our lives. This is something I could definitely relate to and I've often times let fear get the best of me. I've let it stop me from pursuing many things throughout the years.  A great piece of advice I've heard is to make your dream bigger than your fear. This has been really inspiring to me lately and it has pushed me to make moves towards goals I'd usually be fearful of.
I hope you find some inspiration in this post that will inspire you to do something you’ve been scared to pursue.

I recently overcame my hesitation to meet with my friend and amazingly talented photographer Erich Chen (check out his work HERE) to collaborate with me. He's a pretty busy guy doing engagement shoots, wedding photography and dancing his way around the world , so I was afraid he wouldn't have time or interest in shooting with me. But everything fell into place after a meeting over boba, some great food and even better conversation, which in turn led to our collaboration and this post.  Look out for more from Erich and I coming to some future blog posts.

<3 Stay L.A.

Links to similar piece:

1 comment: