Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Well Equipped


This summer felt like the longest one I've ever experienced. Back when I was still in college I was taking classes during breaks to get ahead and I was too busy to ever enjoy a vacation. When I began working, summer seemed non-existent with no real time to escape from the office life either. 

This year, I had the chance to travel and experienced a lot of great moments in just a few months and it finally felt like I was able to have my first real summer break. For the first time ever, I'm feeling that summer time sadness that everyone talks about but I never understood, until now. 


I had to scroll through my photo collection on my phone to try to remember everything I did over the summer because it all flew by so quickly that it was all just a blur.

In just a few months, I've learned and grown so much. I learned how to enjoy time to myself, how to cherish time with loved ones, how to forgive quickly and to slow down in other aspects of my life. I learned to let go of fear and unhealthy attachments, and I've grown bigger than my fears. 







So although I'm sad that summer is over, I'm excited for a new start. It feels like a new year has began for me (anyone else feel that way in the Fall?) and I'm looking forward to what it has in store for me. There are so many great things ahead: my birthday next month is one, the wedding of one of my best friends is another, hopefully a little more traveling and of course all of the awesome holidays to end the year.





photographer: Erich Chen
I feel well equipped with a new perspective on life, a little more wise, more brave than I was just a few months ago and ready to take on last three months of this year. 

Find more posts with photography by Erich Chen HERE


3 comments:

  1. Omg, obsessed with everything about this! I have been loving vests and those sunnies are so eye-catching (haha). Well done!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keri, thanks for taking the time to leave me such a sweet comment! <3 Btw love your style too! Hope to see you back here soon!

      Delete
  2. Hey your outfits have been so good lately. I just love all the recent color combinations of your dresses. This One is looking fabulous. I would like to choose these colors for my destination wedding that is going to be held at most beautiful wedding venues Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete