Friday, January 8, 2016

Can't wait


Let's be honest, I've had these photos since last year. It's not because I didn't want to share them, in fact, that's the exact opposite. This was the last of a couple photos I took with my friend Erich Chen towards the end of Summer last year and they were actually my favorite.  After he sent the photos over, I told myself I would save this for my new site I was working on. I wanted this to be the first post.I was keeping them for that special moment, giving me more time to come up with the perfect words to go with it.  


Time kept passing and here we are today. It's months later and I finally gave in and I just decided to post these. I have the tendency to overthink things sometimes. Overthinking leads to procrastinating, to excuses being made, breaking commitments to myself and a whole bunch of nothing happening.





At the start of this year just like last year, I set new goals for myself. Rather than talking about each of them in detail, I decided I'm going to be about them instead. But each of my goals boil down to one thing and that's just making things happen - no excuses. Even small things like posting more on here or following through with promises and plans I have with myself. I've spent too long flaking on me,  and this is just one example of that.





This life we have is going by quickly and people couldn't care less about the mistakes we will make while passionately pursuing our goals. The only person that will be let down and disappointed if you don't follow through with your pursuit, is yourself. Instead of overthinking things, or saving things for the "perfect" time I'm going to keep promises to myself, share the gifts I was given (while I still have the time to) and pursue my passions. 







photographer: Erich Chen

We were given the gift of life, talents and love-all of which are meant to be shared. 
What a shame it would be if we wasted our entire lives waiting to share those things.

I hope that this year, whatever promises you made for yourself, you keep and whatever passions & talents you have, you share them. 

Find more posts with photography by Erich Chen HERE
Special thanks to my sister L.A. for helping me with this post.

Outfit Details & Similar Pieces:




1 comment:

  1. Stacey, these photos are so gorgeous! I'm so glad you posted them -- I'm with you with this whole overthinking thing (I still need to relaunch my blog!), but I'm coming to realize that some things just have to be done even if they aren't perfect. I recently read Elizabeth Gilbert's book, Big Magic and she has this great quote, “Do you have the courage to bring forth the treasures that are hidden within you?” We're filled with so many ideas, but it takes a little courage to overcome the barrier and bring them to life. Anyways I will stop rambling now... Haha I'm excited to see more posts and what 2016 has in store for you! <3

    ReplyDelete